FBLA: Back in business

Jessica B., Social Media Editor

Many clubs have struggled to continue to run this year due to COVID-19 restrictions.  However, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) was able to start back up again and compete in competitions. FBLA was created to help high school students prepare for careers in business through academic competitions. 

Sandra Braun is the adviser of Future Business Leaders of America and she was thrilled to hear that they could run the club. 

“Membership did go down, however, we have such quality in the club, I could not be happier. These are all kids that really wanted to be in the club and want to be a part of everything we do. So far we have had two fundraisers, and we are going to be bringing in local business owners to speak,” said Braun. 

Competitions are being held virtually, where the students are given links and dates to sign in and compete.  

The club recently finished their Spring District Meeting in which all of the Suffolk County chapters competed against each other in writing and speaking events. The members performed very well and they are looking forward to the award ceremony, which will be held on February 4. 

“Everything is really going very well and I’m so excited these members have something to look forward to and be a part of,” said Braun.  

FBLA hopes to keep participating in virtual events and challenging themselves throughout the school year. 🔳