New bite into Tim’s

Ashley Javier, Chief Reporter

Canadian multinational fast food restaurant chain, Tim Hortons, has made its way to Commack after the company partnered with Garden-City-based convenience store, Bolla Market. 

The reason behind this new collaboration was because “Tim Hortons’ vision aligns with Bolla Market’s, offering cost-affordable delicious products,” as stated on the Bolla Market official website. 

These “delicious products” include donuts, breakfast items, and of course, coffee! The first location on Long Island opened two years ago in Seaford and as many as 20 locations are planned to be operating in the coming years. 

“I didn’t even realize they had opened a Tim Hortons, I thought they were only in Canada and maybe some upstate,” said senior Alexa S. 

Located at 2048 Jericho Turnpike Commack, NY, the new Tim Hortons lies within the Bolla Market. It is tucked in the left side of the convenience store. 

“I have mixed feelings about the Tim Hortons in Commack. I feel the quality of Tim Hortons is much better upstate compared to Long Island. I feel this way because whenever my parents go there, the employees often mess up their order,” said freshman Sarah L. 

There is an array of menu items that Commack’s Tim Hortons offers, from classic donuts like the Boston Cream Donut to the Maple Dip Donut. The fast-food restaurant chain also offers the specialty “Timbits” in Sour Cream Blueberry Glaze, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Glazed, and Honey Dip. They also serve hot drinks, cold drinks, breakfasts, and lunches, as well as having a wall of Tim Hortons coffee grounds, Keurig K-Cup Pods, instant coffee, and Tim Hortons and Bolla Market tumblers located next to the registers. 

“I think the new Tim Hortons will provide another option for ‘coffee runs’. I’m excited to try it, especially since it’s only a couple minutes away from where I live,” said Alexa S. 

There is a Starbucks and a Dunkin Donuts located on the same street, but with the Canadian restaurant chain making its way to the Island, individuals now have a new option for their early morning coffee and breakfast. 🔳